Role: Project Manager
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Client: State of FL
The Florida Department of Transportation (Department), is requesting resumes and hourly rate quotes for staff augmentation resources meeting the specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) listed below. The Department will select the candidate that provides the best overall value to the State, based on skill set and rate.
Scope of Services:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT), Application Services, is looking for an Intermediate level Project Manager that can work independently, and as part of a distributed team. The project manager must have excellent communication, collaboration, and organization skills. The Project Manager must be able to follow State, Department, OIT and Application Services processes and procedures. This candidate’s experience must be current with project management skills to include Agile, have a working understanding of Oversight Project Management responsibilities, possess strong business analysis skills, as well as a general understanding of IT State procurement methods and practices. This Project Manager must have knowledge of the requirements of Rule 60GG-1, F.A.C. which establishes the project management and oversight standards the Department must adhere to when implementing technology projects. The candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques, and agile project management methods. In this role, the Project Manager at times may be required to perform both a dual role of Project Manager and Business Analyst on one or multiple projects. The cross disciplinary talent is a key component for this position. They must be able to manage multiple large and/or cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity that have a greater impact to the enterprise.
1. Six years of professional experience in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Communications.
2. Experience as a Scrum master or agile project management is highly desired.
3. Experience with public speaking, training, or communicating detailed information to large groups is highly desired.
4. Experience working with SharePoint 365 is highly desired.
5. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
Primary Job Duties / Tasks:
The activities this candidate will be tasked with include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Act as Scrum Master and Lead project manager.
2. Lead daily standup meetings, release and sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews (product demos), sprint and release retrospectives.
3. Provide metric-based reports to management.
4. Actively work to remove team impediments.
5. Work with Product Owners and stakeholders to groom product backlogs and requirements.
6. Manage and proactively update project status tracking.
7. Complete the necessary project status reporting as required by the Department and Division for State Technology (DST).
8. Understand and comply with the reporting and documentation requirements outlined in the DST, Chapter 60GG-1 F.A.C.
9. Updates the schedule status as required, produce reports, track variances, identify pending milestones and scheduled tasks slippage.
10. Analyze the schedule, including ensuring that schedule logic is consistent and maintained, analyzing what-if scenarios, and reviewing critical-path.
11. Work with the Project Team and vendors to collect project status, schedule updates, identify and resolve conflicts.
12. Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets and monthly cost variance reports.
13. Update the project budget and project forecasts, perform cost variance analysis.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The knowledge, skills, and abilities desired for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, tools and techniques outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (current version).
2. Knowledge of Scrum and Agile project management methods and practices
3. Knowledge of various types of contracts, and development techniques for procurement documents such as; Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Purchase (RFP), Invitation to Bid (ITB), Invitation to Negotiate (ITN), and Single Source.
4. Skill in the use of the methods and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation of risks.
5. Ability to coordinate and manage projects and resources from a high and discreet level, including cost, work, and Vendor performance.
6. Ability to categorize work, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
7. Ability to accurately estimate time requirements for assigned tasks for a project;
8. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize work assignments;
9. Ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Business and Technical Analysis:
1. Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of the system development life cycle;
2. Skill in working with Product Owners and stakeholders to develop user stories and groom product backlogs
3. Ability to produce legible and complete functional documentation in a way that thoroughly captures all business requirements, processes and inputs/outputs of activities;
4. Ability to analyze and accurately define processes and workflows to design efficient process solutions, including missing or duplicate functionality in existing processes;
5. Ability to work effectively with individual staff and a work unit, to identify and document requirements for the maintenance, enhancement or development of computer application systems, including technical overviews and context diagrams;
6. Ability to evaluate data outputs from computer application and identify system problems;
7. Ability to interpret and communicate technical information related to business processes, computer programming and data processing, both verbally and in writing;
8. Must be able to perform QA reviews and provide valuable feedback in determining that standards are met and that documents are complete and comprehensive;
1. Advanced skills with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
2. Ability to map business processes using flowcharting software such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Smart Draw.
3. Ability to relate to customers’ needs, document their requirements and perform duties in the absence of staff;
4. Ability to coordinate and manage work items using Microsoft Azure DevOps Boards
5. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others;
6. Ability to adjust to changing demands in a dynamic environment with diverse work assignments;
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Communication or another related field.